Let’s be distracted together.
I have been trying really hard to make virtual friends in the Blogosphere but the idea of jumping in and playing with my new friends and potential new friends has been a little intimidating. Joining in on blogging events, you know, the ones where you do something like bake a treat each month was too much commitment for me. I’m a little bit of a commitment-o-phobe. I have been dreading that little thing called a Meme since I first discovered blogging. It’s not that I don’t like to share things about my personal life; it’s just that I like to share what I want to share.
But I need a distraction from my problems.
Dylan from Sourdough Monkey Wrangler is my best blogging friend so far. We have a shared love of goopy, gloppy, fermented things. Dylan must have sensed something was up here at Delectable Tidbits when he didn’t see me posting as frequently as usual and he decided to tag me with my first Meme. How can I say no to Dylan? But wowsa! What a Meme this is! I needed to come up with 5 sordid facts about myself. OK. Deep breath. Here goes. Distraction is a good thing. Distraction is a good thing…
First the rules:
1. Link to your Tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and list their names, linking to them.
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs. And now without any further interruptions, 5 sordid facts about Mimi
- I am debilitatingly shy. If I don’t know you, I won’t have much to say to you. I really want to meet you and have a big exciting intellectual conversation or maybe even just small talk but I can’t help it. I just clam up. Therefore, I tend to love people who are the opposite of me (as long as they are nice people). If you are friendly, funny and outgoing enough to talk to anyone you see, I will gladly gravitate towards you. Unfortunately, you won’t notice me because I am the boring person who keeps annoyingly staring at you while my lower lip quivers as I keep trying to think of something to say to you. It’s really a shame because I have a decent sense of humor. People seem to like me if they ever get the chance to talk to me.
- I hide chocolate. I don’t know where this behavior comes from but I do! I hide chocolate! When my boyfriend and I were first dating, I offered him some of my hidden candy. If I remember the situation correctly, it was in a bag of candy under my bed. He thought it was very strange that I would have candy stashed away. He liked me anyway. We are still together after a couple of decades.
- I am an orchid killer. Not too long ago, I used to be an orchid addict; I owned a couple of thousand dollars worth of really nice plants. My interest in them completely dissipated. I was really depressed a few months ago and nearly stopped taking care of them. Recently, after two weeks of not watering them and then three weeks sitting in a hospital waiting room, more of these orchids than I care to think about are dead. Here is what they looked like when I loved them. Don’t tell my estranged friends at the Garden Web orchid forum. Shhhhhhh!
- I am a terrible housekeeper. Even though I love to cook and you would think I would love to feed people, this problem coupled with sordid fact number one keeps me from inviting anyone over. Ever.
- I love animals but I tend to dominate them. When I was a kid, I used to catch things, mostly bugs and reptiles. I taught my dog to pull me by his neck while I glided along behind him on my skates, I taught him to climb a tree and jump over our fence to escape (he was too lazy to escape on his own, he only did so on command). I had an Amazon parrot that I taught to lay upside down in my cupped hands (play dead). I used to make houses out of shoeboxes complete with doors and plastic windows and put my parakeets inside. They would stare out the windows and chirp at me. They loved to chew their way out. My Rabbit would roll balls back and forth to me. My guppy learned to hang out in my hand and my flounder would do back flips out of his tank and into my hand. Before you get all PETA on me in the comments. They all loved me and no animals were actually harmed in the making of this entertainment.
Memes are like chain letters or viruses so let’s pass this one along. Tag you’re it:
- I’ll shoot this meme up to Alaska and ask my new friends, the Arctic Carbivores to share some sordid details with us
- Hey Germany! Scholli2000, do you have 5 sordid facts for us? (This blog is in German so here is a link to Google translate if you need it. It doesn’t work very well, but the results can be amusing)
- I love reading the Diary of a new old-fashioned Gal. Normally, there’s nothing sordid happening there, just a fun read with good solid writing. Let’s see what sort of sordid details we can get out of Becca
- I’ve never seen a meme on Baking with Sourdough Starters but hopefully Teresa will play along with us.
- Another blog that is the home of a wonderful writer is Baking and Books so I’ll tag Ari as well.